Our attorneys zealously represent our clients in a variety of matters including non-profit formation and incorporation, contract drafting and negotiation, personnel matters and employment law, review and implementation of workplace policies, liability protection, purchasing and leasing of real estate, technology concerns and various other compliance matters. We are committed to providing personalized service and outstanding, cost-effective legal assistance to non-profit organizations so they can be a positive force in their communities.
- Represented a local community non-profit organization in purchasing two properties to expand its operation, including negotiating terms, assisting with financing, dealing with restrictive covenants, and forming a separate corporate entity for liability protection.
- Successfully litigated and negotiated a settlement on behalf of an affordable housing non-profit organization whose building was severely damaged by water leaks resulting from defects in the building of an adjacent property owner.
- Negotiated an agreement with a city’s water and sewer commission to assume future ownership, maintenance, and repairs of a private sewer line servicing the non-profit organization’s residential properties.
- Successfully defended claims of discrimination and resolved other sensitive issues involving employees.
- Regularly counsel, advise, and represent non-profit organizations on issues involving corporate governance, maintaining tax-exempt status, liability issues, fundraising, employees, volunteers, program participants, programs, internal policies, political activities, and obtaining real estate tax abatements.
617- 720-1717 | firstname.lastname@example.org