Areas of Practice
Jennifer M. Norris practices in the areas of civil litigation, family law, personal injury, discrimination / civil rights, consumer protection, employment, housing, probate / estate planning, non-profit matters, business matters and real estate. Attorney Norris joined the firm as an associate in August, 2000, and became a partner in 2007. She and Attorney Minsch became managing partners of the firm in January, 2016.
J.D., Boston College Law School, 1999 (summa cum laude)
B.A., Wellesley College, 1989 (cum laude)
Attorney Norris practices in multiple areas ranging from family law, estate planning and real estate matters to litigating complex personal injury and employment discrimination cases. Attorney Norris has litigated cases before judges and juries in the Superior Courts, Probate & Family Courts, District Courts, Housing Court, Mass. Commission Against Discrimination, and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC). Prior to joining Petrucelly, Norris & Minsch, Attorney Norris worked for an immigration law firm and various solo practitioners. During law school, she worked at the Harvard Legal Aid Bureau, Greater Boston Legal Services, and the Cambridge Human Rights Commission. Prior to attending law school, Attorney Norris worked at the Cambridge Women’s Center, a non-profit women’s organization, for five years.
- Attorney Norris recently obtained two critical victories protecting our clients’ privacy when the opposing parties sought to compel the production of personal and confidential medical and psychological records.
- Successfully represented numerous teachers, union members, and other community members in dealing with legal challenges such as child custody, divorce, debt collection defense, consumer disputes, housing issues, real estate disputes, child support, and obtaining abuse protection orders.
- Successfully settled a lead poisoning case and obtained substantial damages for the three lead poisoned children by exposing that the defendant had submitted false evidence to the court and destroyed evidence.
- Obtained treble damages for various clients under the Payment of Wage Act, Consumer Protection Act, and landlord-tenant laws.
- Achieved a divorce settlement in which her client was awarded the entire marital home as well as alimony, medical insurance, and a large portion of the other spouse’s retirement assets.
- Attained a settlement of $60,000 for a client for unpaid educational expenses owed by her former spouse for her son.
- Negotiated and settled numerous personal injury and motor vehicle accident cases, including a recent settlement of $200,000 for an elderly woman who fell in a business establishment.
- Prevailed at trial on behalf of property owners in a dispute with a neighboring condominium association.
Admissions and Memberships
Attorney Norris was admitted to the Massachusetts Bar in 1999 and the Bar of the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts in 2001.
She is a member of the Massachusetts Bar Association and Massachusetts Women’s Bar Association and National Lawyers Guild. Attorney Norris is also licensed as a real estate broker in Massachusetts.
Attorney Norris has published:
Beyond Learned Helplessness: Effective Advocacy for Survivors of Domestic Violence, Massachusetts Lawyers Journal, May 2015.
Attorney Norris grew up in Brookline and currently lives in Belmont. She is married and has two young sons who keep her very busy. In her rare spare time, she enjoys reading, outdoor activities, politics, and cheering for Boston sports teams.
Attorney Norris always enjoys speaking with current, former, and prospective clients. To contact Attorney Norris about any matter, please email her at: Jennifer@pnmlegal.com or call her at the firm: (617) 720-1717.